Monday, February 11, 2008

Franciscan Bookstore on the Blog


I have set up Scribe Books, a Franciscan bookstore on Our Lady's Little Scribe blog, and show Franciscan books (mainly from my library) as recommendations. If a person wants to purchase, a click on the icon takes them to Aquinas and More Catholic Goods and directly to the page for the book where it may be purchased. Easy!!!!

Aquinas and More Catholic Goods is located in Colorado Springs, CO. The goal of the company is to assist in the rebuilding of a Catholic Culture in this country. The store carries thousands of products ranging from books and videos to chalices and church furnishings. The store was started by Ian Rutherford and is owned and run by his family and friends. Iran and his wife, Paula, have six children.

I have written them with about 15 other Franciscan book recommendations which I could not find on their site and requested that they stock them. If these become available, then I'll post the icons also.

The angel below is the icon for the bookstore. I searched for a female scribe image everywhere to use, but alas it seems that all scribes are male.


Let my prayer rise before you
as incense,
the lifting up of my hands
as the evening sacrifice.
Psalm 141.2


No comments: